Are you struggling with low income, unemployment, or housing insecurity? Work and Income (WINZ) is here to help. As New Zealand’s primary provider of financial, employment, and housing support, WINZ offers various services and resources to assist those in need. Also, this article will explore how WINZ can support you and your family.
WINZ provides financial assistance to those on a low income or who have lost their job. Also, there are several types of financial support available, including:
- Jobseeker Support: This is a weekly payment for people actively seeking work. To qualify, you must meet the following requirements: be 18 years old, hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, and possess assets valued below $1,000.
- Sole Parent Support: This is a weekly payment for single parents responsible for their children’s daily care. To be eligible, you must have a child under 14, be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and have less than $1,000 in assets.
- Supported Living Payment: This is a weekly payment for people who cannot work due to a long-term illness, injury, or disability. Individuals at least 16 years old and meeting the criteria of being a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident with assets valued under $1,000 are eligible to participate.
- Emergency Assistance: If you’re facing an unexpected expense, such as a medical bill or car repair, you may qualify for emergency assistance. It is a one-off payment to help you get through a difficult time.
WINZ provides employment assistance to help you find work and develop your skills. Also, some of the services available include:
- CV writing and job application support: WINZ can help you create a winning CV and cover letter and provide advice on job applications.
- Job search support: WINZ can help you find job vacancies that match your skills and experience.
- Workshops and training: WINZ offers a range of workshops and training opportunities to help you develop your skills and increase your employability.
- Work experience and internships: WINZ can help you find work experience or internship opportunities to gain valuable experience and improve your chances of finding a job.
Finally, WINZ can help you find housing solutions if you’re struggling with housing insecurity. Some of the services available include:
- Accommodation Supplement: This is a weekly payment to help with rent, board, or home ownership costs. To be eligible, you must pay rent, commission, or a mortgage and meet certain income and asset requirements.
- Tenancy support: WINZ can provide advice and support to help you find and maintain a tenancy.
- Housing options: WINZ can help you explore your options, including social housing, private rental, and home ownership.
If you’re facing financial hardship, unemployment, or housing insecurity, remember that WINZ is here to help. With various services and resources available, including financial support, employment assistance, and housing solutions, WINZ can be your partner in overcoming these challenges. Also, Don’t hesitate to ask for help – WINZ is ready to support you and your family.